What's In My Summer Tote Bag

I don't always use the same bag when I go places in the summer, but I do carry around mostly the same stuff. So, I thought it would be fun to do a "What's In My Summer Tote Bag" since I've never done one of these types of posts before!

What's In My Summer Tote Bag

{one} wristlet with money - Having a wristlet with money in your bag is so important to have with you, no matter where you are. You never know when you'll come across an impulse buy or want to buy food. It's always good to have in case any type of emergency happens!
{two} sunscreen - Because I'm so pale, I burn super easily. I carry sunscreen with me wherever I go in the summer just in case I happen to be outside and I feel like I'm burning. I'd much rather have to carry sunscreen around with me wherever I go than get a sunburn!
{three} sunglasses - I can't stress how important sunglasses are in the summer! No one wants to squint and have their eyes water just so they can try to see things. It's embarrassing when you have to squint to see the person you're talking to and your eyes start to water when it's sunny out... Trust me, I know from experience. Sunglasses prevent that from happening!
{four} a book - I absolutely love reading, so I have a book with me all the time anyway. But if you're going somewhere in the car (and happen not to get carsick!) or the beach, it's good to bring a book along to keep you entertained and to help pass the time.
{five} chapstick - I like to carry chapstick with me because my lips get chapped really easily. It's also a good idea to carry some in the summer that has an SPF amount so your lips don't burn!
{six} notebook and pen - I'm obsessed with office supplies, so I always have a pen and paper on me. However, you should always carry one with you because you'll never know when you need a pen and paper! You could end up getting blog post ideas, sharing contact information with someone, even doodling when you're bored, etc.
{seven} tumbler/beverage - You should always drink water, especially in the hot summer sun. It's a good idea to have a drink in a tumbler or even just a bottle to carry around with you because walking can tire you out, and even just sitting in the sun can make you thirsty and tired.
{eight} charger - One of the worst things is your phone dying while you're not at home and when you don't have a charger with you (#firstworldproblems). If you have a portable phone charger, you should definitely bring it (and if you don't have one, get one!) just in case your phone dies. If you don't have a portable phone charger, bring your normal phone charger because you never know where there will be an outlet for you to charge your phone.
{nine} headphones - Headphones are needed for the same reason as a book. If you just want some downtime, pop your headphones into your phone or iPod and listen to some music.
{ten} (not shown) hair elastic - I thought of this while I was writing, which is why it isn't in the collage. Anyway, keeping an elastic on your wrist can be super helpful in case your hair is down and makes you hot, annoyed, etc.

What do you keep in your summer tote bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment