Sophomore Year Reflection

Today is my last day of finals and therefore my last day of sophomore year! I can't believe how fast this school year flew by. I literally feel like it went by in the blink of an eye. Sophomore year was definitely extremely hard. Every teacher and every upperclassmen say that sophomore is the hardest year, so I'm so proud of myself for sticking through it and being rather successful. I definitely had at least one mental breakdown each week over grades, homework, studying, etc., but I got through it!

So many fun things happened during sophomore year, such as parties, concerts, homecoming, sleepovers, football games, and more. Even though the schoolwork was horrible, I did manage to have a good time with my friends to just enjoy myself. I'm hoping that junior year will be even more fun since I'll be going to prom!

The thing that scares me the most is a lot of upperclassmen say that each year of high school goes by faster and faster, and before you know it, it'll be over. This thought hit me when the seniors graduated about a month ago. I thought to myself, "In just two years, that will be me graduating." And it scared me. Although I want high school to be over, the thought of graduating kills me because then I'll be entering the real world and growing up. I want to stay as a teenager and continue to have fun. Even though that can't happen, I can still make my last two years of high school worthwhile.

Although I'll have to do schoolwork over the summer for the two AP classes I'm going to be taking, I'm planning on filling my summer with friends, fun, and relaxation. The best thing you can do after a stressful and hard year is just relax! I'm planning on getting all of my AP work done in the first couple of weeks of summer because I know I won't have any motivation to do it at the end of summer. I'm excited to see what this summer will bring!

What was your school year like?

No comments:

Post a Comment