May Plank Schedule Review

About a month and a half ago, I came across a "What I Love Wednesday" post that Caroline did. In that post contained a workout schedule for doing planks for thirty-one days straight. Each day, the workout either stayed the same length as the day before or added five seconds from the day before. I think it worked out so that the two same lengths would be in a row, then a new number, then two same lengths, etc.

Anyway, the workout worked really good, and I loved the outcome! I tend to only work on my legs because I did track this spring, I'm doing a summer soccer league, and I still go running. I didn't want my muscles to be uneven, so that's why I was happy that I came across this strength schedule! To be honest, I dreaded doing this workout every day. It doesn't sound hard, but once you do it, you basically want to die. I don't know if this just happens with me or if it happens with anyone else too, but my legs and arms started shaking whenever I did a plank! Also, my back hurt when I did it, so I don't know if that's supposed to happen or if my back was caving in too low. The hard work paid off, though! I kept the schedule on a clipboard so it was easy to access and so I could remember to look at it every day. Here is the schedule:


Sorry that the picture is so big - I tried to make it big enough so you guys could read the numbers! If you have any questions on which days have which numbers, let me know. Some numbers are crossed out so I could keep track of which days I did, but I stopped crossing the numbers out.

Have you done this workout before?

6 comments:

  1. ive recently understood the importance of having a really strong core, no matter what sport you do! doing planks everyday is a great way to achieve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checkout Carly Rowena on youtube for good challenges like this! I recently completed her squats challenge and now I moved onto the arms challenge! Might have to try this one next!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm so glad you decided to try it! It really works wonders. ;)
    xoxo,
    cYa
    citrusandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete