Movie Review :: The Great Gatsby

About a month ago, I saw The Great Gatsby. And I fell in love. I had read the book about a month before seeing the movie because I had to read it for school, but even if I didn't have to read it for school, I definitely would have read it on my own because I'm a sucker for love stories. The book was perfect, and the movie was even more perfect. I was supposed to see it with my English class, but we didn't get the chance to because we were running out of time in the school year. So my boyfriend took me!

The movie honestly made me want to live in the early 1920s. Everyone was just so rich, wealthy, and classy during that time period. However, not everyone was always happy, and happiness is one of the most important things in the world. Leonardo DiCaprio totally made the movie, and he's my favorite actor ever. Besides Ryan Gosling.

I didn't want to spoil the movie in case not all of you have seen it yet (and if you haven't seen it, get on that!!!), so I just thought I would describe my thoughts on it and how much I liked it. Honestly, I give it five stars. It was just that good. I typically don't watch the same movie twice that often, but I could definitely watch this movie every single day and not get sick of it. Now time to share some of my favorite pictures from the movie!

Gatsby and Daisy. They're perfect. Sigh.

Gatsby's house. This picture isn't that great, but in the movie, the house is so glamorous.

Daisy and Tom's house. It definitely reminds me of the South!

Gatsby played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Sigh.

Nick Carraway played by Toby McGuire. Also sigh.

Have you seen the Great Gatsby?

1 comment:

  1. This is a book-to-film adaptation that may or may not win over fans of the book, but may just piss a lot of people off. Good review Ashley.

    ReplyDelete