My Family

I've only mentioned a few things about my family before, so I thought it would be a good idea to tell you guys more about them! My sisters and parents are very important to me, and I love them a lot, even though we don't always get along.

(Just a side note... The picture below isn't that great of a picture, but it's the only one I could find that's somewhat recent of my whole family together! My mom and dad weren't ready for the picture... and my mom has definitely changed her hair! This picture was taken two years ago at my sister Chelsea's high school graduation.)

From left to right: Me, Brittany, Emily, Chelsea, Dad, and Mom.

Most of you know about Brittany by now! She is a six-year cancer survivor of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Brittany is twenty-two years old and graduated from UMass Amherst about a month ago at the Isenberg School of Management. In October, she will be starting her job as an accountant at Ernst & Young in Boston, which is one of the "Big Four" accounting firms!

Most of you also know Emily by now, who happens to be my twin sister. We were born eight minutes apart with Emily being the older one, even though I'm always told that I look older. Emily and I go to the same high school and only have a few of the same classes and friends. She plays volleyball and tennis.

Chelsea is the one I've never mentioned on here before. She is twenty years old and is studying at Providence College to become an elementary-school teacher while minoring in special education. She'll be a junior there next year!

I'm not exactly sure what my dad's job is called... All I know is he's one of the bosses for a company that makes sand, gravel, concrete, etc. I believe he does things such as providing gravel for people and putting concrete in people's pool areas! He's a very hardworking man and loves working on things in the yard and around our house.

My mom is an x-ray tech, which means she takes x-rays, mammograms, CAT scans, etc. of people. Two funny stories... when Emily broke her arm when we were in kindergarten, my mom took the x-ray. And my mom took Brittany's x-ray right before she found out she had cancer! I'm very close with my mom. She's the most selfless, caring, kind, and generous woman I've ever met. My mom is always there for me whenever I'm sad, and I don't know what I'd do without her!

What is your family like?

No comments:

Post a Comment