A Peek Inside My Blog Notebook

(one of the fab finds!)

When I first got this notebook, I had no idea what I was going to use it for. A couple of days later, it dawned on me that I should use it to keep track of my blog post ideas, and I thought that was a fabulous use of this fabulous notebook! Below will show how I break down and organize my ideas.


one // number & title
I like to number all of my ideas to separate them from each other. It helps everything to stay much more fresh and clean that way. Next to each number is the title or main idea of the blog post. Having a title or main idea lets me see just what each blog post idea is about!

two // description
Beneath each title are bullet points with descriptions. These bullet points contain ideas that I want to mention or use in each post. This is super helpful because if I think of something specific I want to say in a post, I can just write it down underneath the title so I don't forget about it. It also saves me so much time when it comes to writing the post because I already have an idea of what I want to write!

three // highlight
I don't like to cross out the ideas with pen once I use them because I still like to look back and read them for more inspiration, but I also don't like to highlight all of them once they're done because highlighting is a symbol of importance to me. So I opted with just highlighting the number once I write that blog post, and this really works for me. It allows me to know I already used that idea while also allowing me to be able to read the idea again!

I have tried using an editorial calendar on Google, but that didn't work out so well for me because I don't like to set blog posts for specific dates unless I have to; I just like to post them on whichever date I feel like. I have used another blog notebook before this one, but I ended up not liking it because the notebook was plain, I highlighted all of the ideas once I used them, and I didn't go in-depth on each idea so when it came around to actually writing the post, I had no idea what I wanted to write. This notebook method has done wonders for me, and I plan on continuing to use it!

What is your blog notebook like?

6 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I absolutely love this post, really helpful for all starting bloggers or not so organised people out there! My notebook is a tad smaller since I like to carry it around with me everywhere I go but I love yours as well.

    Margot
    http://alswaysgoforthree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to better organize my bloggie book! Great tips Ash!
    Xo-Claire
    simplydarlingxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post - I really need to sort out my blog notebook, it's a mess! And I'm now inspired to get my blog ideas in order! I can't wait to tackle my blog notebook now!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is smart! I wish I had an actual notebook! But instead I just use the notes in my phone! Hahah

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a great idea! We don't have a physical blog notebook, but that might help! Since we share BKCsquared, we have a Google doc page that we can each add ideas to!

    xo, K
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!! I really like highlighting the number once you have written it! I have a check mark on the page (I usually end up writing my notes down in a spiral notebook...and putting my list of ideas on sticky notes with a page or two for the big topic overviews like fashion, beauty, DIY, ext). Great post!

    Kelli
    www.blog.bodeoo.com

    ReplyDelete