Weekend in Paradise

Last weekend, I went to Maine with my family. My cousins on my dad's side of the family has this super nice beach house in Maine that's right on the water. It's always been a tradition for my dad's whole side of the family to spend a weekend in July or August at my cousins' house. My dad's family is so much fun, and we always have a good time and a lot of laughs.

My cousins got this house about two or three years ago, but they've always had a beach house in Maine. They had a different one before this one that we all used to go to that was literally a five minute walk away from the beach. However, this house has a beach in their backyard! How awesome is that?

via my twin's Instagram

Brittany and I left for Maine at 8am on Saturday morning while my parents and my two other sisters left at around 9:30. We got there at around 10:30. All of Saturday was spent lounging on the beach, eating, and gossiping with my aunts and cousins about the latest issues with celebrities *coughAMANDABYNEScough*. In other words, we just relaxed. I brought a couple of books from the library with me, so I lathered myself in sunscreen, filled up my tumbler with water, and grabbed a beach chair to head on down to the beach and read. We've also had a tradition of having lobsters for dinner every year we go to Maine, so we had lobsters soaked in butter with a cup of clam chowder. That's the only time of the year I have lobster because I don't really want it any other time.

At Mason family parties and gatherings, we always have the best times. Seriously. There is always way more food than people. And we're totally okay with that. I don't think I ever stop laughing or smiling when I'm with my family, and I think that's one of the most amazing things in life - just having a great time with your family.

I'm always so sad to leave Maine because it's the perfect weekend getaway. However, it makes me so excited for next year because I know it will be just as fun or even more fun than the year before!

Where do you like to go for a weekend getaway?

3 comments:

  1. I am going to Maine in August for a family vacation, it's like my second home!
    xx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love going to Newport, RI! It such a great getaway!

    Hunter
    preponabudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. having the beach as your backyard is such a great luxury! my parent's own a beach house in Maine also, with it's own private beach and i love it. it's perfect for weekend getaway, but my favorite is definitely to spend the whole summer there!

    ReplyDelete