Organization 101: Keeping Track of a Book Wishlist

I absolutely love to read, and I go through books like lightning. In order for me to never run out of books to read, I keep a list of all the books I want to read so when I finish one book, I can just go right on to another. The list I have that keeps track of the books I want to read is pretty organized, so I thought I would share my list with you guys!


Yes, it's called "The Maroon Notebook"... I made up that name when I was younger! Anyway, inside of this little notebook is numerous pages filled with book titles, just like the page above. Once I finish a book, I cross out the book in the notebook. The bracket shown above with the last four books on that page indicate that those books are a series. That way I won't read the books in a series out of order!

I'm very OCD about this list - I only like to read the books in order! Don't ask me why because I'm not quite sure... :-) I carry this notebook with me everywhere because I never know when I'll need to write down a book!

I've thought a lot of times about digitalizing my list, but I've decided not to. You can't just whip out a computer whenever you need to, right?! Also, what if my list somehow gets deleted? Then it's lost forever, and I won't know what to read!

I get the ideas of what to read from Goodreads, friends, blogs, etc. I don't buy my books because I read them so fast. I'll go into a bookstore and write down every book in there that I want to read, but I won't write them. I get all of my books from the library, which is why I love libraries so much!

So, do you like to read? How do you keep track of the books you like to read?

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE reading!! Keeping track of all the books you want to read and have already read is a fantastic idea. But I read so many books that I feel like I would lose track haha. My mom used to have a list of all the books she read to my sister and I when we were little, she still has the list! It's super cute :)

    Xoxo,
    Vina
    theprettyinprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I read a lot of books as well, so this list actually helps me to keep track of what books I have read and want to read so I don't read the same book twice :-)

      xo,
      Ashley

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea! I love it!!

    XOXO-Lydia
    preppychictheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really fantastic idea! I'm going to start my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! That's great. Let me know how it works out for you ;-)

      xo,
      Ashley

      Delete
  4. I'm such a sucker for lists, I keep a little Moleskin notebook with me at all times for them. Cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lists are definitely one of my many obsessions. Thanks Corie!

      xo,
      Ashley

      Delete