Non-Procrastination Inspiration

Before high school, I used to be the biggest procrastinator ever. I used to be so lazy and wait to do things until the last minute. Being the perfectionist I am, my last-minute projects would still come out very good, but it caused a whole bunch of stress. Once I entered high school, I just stopped procrastinating. I don't even know what hit me; I just suddenly stopped.

Now I do homework, work on projects, and study for tests right as I get assigned them. My work ethic went from poor to incredible, and I'm really happy that I stopped procrastinating. So, I thought I would share the tips I used to stop procrastinating!

1. Have an agenda. Keeping track of your assignments makes it a lot easier to get everything done right away. One main reason for procrastination is forgetting about assignments, so with an agenda, you won't forget. (Side note: Stay organized in fashion with this cute Lilly Pulitzer planner!)
2. Get away from distractions. With so much technology in this world, it's easy to get distracted. Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest can make you forget how much time has passed. Texting is a huge distraction as well. That's when you have to push your laptop to the side (unless needed for homework) and turn your phone off so you can really focus. It's not going to be easy, but it's going to be worth it. Going to a place that has very few distractions while doing homework is a great way to get away from distractions. The library is a great place for this, which is why they're so important!
3. Do things right when they are assigned. This one is super important. Don't wait until the last minute! Doing assignments right away will relieve so much stress, give you time to do stuff for yourself, and get a good night's sleep.
4. Make time for each assignment. Create a schedule with certain time spots for each assignment. That way you won't spend too much time on one assignment and very little time on another. Also, you'll then be able to leave time for yourself as well.

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment