Spring Uniform

At my school, we usually start wearing our spring uniforms the week we get back from spring break, which was two weeks ago. However, my school made us wear the winter uniforms for a week longer than usual, which everyone was mad about. Last Monday, the dean of discipline at my school (basically the vice principal) announced that we could now wear our spring uniforms! Everyone was so happy; I could literally hear people cheering down the hall from me.

When I put on my spring uniform last Tuesday, I felt so open and free! It felt so weird to go from wearing a sweater, button-up, skirt, and tights to a polo shirt, skirt, and knee highs. It was much better though because then I wasn't sweating anymore from wearing all of that heavy clothing in the warmer weather!

With that said, I thought I would share with you guys what my spring uniform consists of. My school is allowed to wear the spring uniforms from the first day of school until November 1st (which my school sometimes changes to October 1st) and then the week we get back from spring break (which ended up changing to a week later) until the last day of school.


As stated above, the spring uniform consists of a polo shirt with my school's name on it, the skirt, and knee highs. The knee highs can be neon-colored, brown, gray, black, navy blue, or maroon. I typically just stick to navy blue and black. Then we can wear any type of shoes that aren't open-toed or open-heeled, so I like to wear Toms, Sperry's, Vans, flats, and Coach sneakers! The guys are allowed to wear the polo shirt, khakis, and basically any type of shoe. So I guess the girls actually feel more cool because we get a breeze on our legs while the guys have to wear pants!

What do you like to wear in the spring?

6 comments:

  1. The uniform looks very nice. I love to wear my flip flops, shorts and short sleeve shirt in the spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we get a spring (or summer) over here - I like to get my nice tshirt's out, some nice sandles and a nice shirt or shorts :).

    I can't imagine having 2 uniforms we just had the same one all year round, with an added jumper over our shirts and under our blazers in winter lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a less restrictive uni. That is cool that they let you have some self expression through your foot wear :) I would go neon with sparkly shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! A little more fashion freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I never had to wear a uniform to school, but so glad you get to wear your spring one now. It looks comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it sounds crazy, but I ALWAYS wanted to have a school uniform! You look adorable in it. Exactly what I always imagined!

    ReplyDelete