What To Bring To A Conference

Although I've only been to the Her Campus National Pre-Collegiette Conference, a lot of bloggers did attend the Smart Girls Group Conference. Believe it or not, a lot of conferences do happen during the school year. I'm possibly going to one this fall (eek! There will be more information about it if it happens!), so I thought it would be fun to do a post on what exactly do bring to a conference because I felt so unprepared at the conference I went to.

Untitled #85

one // notebook
I did bring a notebook and some pens, and luckily I was also provided with a notebook in the goodie bag I got! Conferences consist of lots of panels, seminars, etc., so it's always a good idea to pack a notebook to take some notes down. I like to physically write my notes and separate them. It's also a great way to get people's contact info!

Unfortunately, I didn't bring business cards with me, and I really wish I did. There were so many people I met, and I kept having to tell them my email address, Twitter handle, and Instagram handle by word of mouth. It would have been so much easier to just hand them a business card! Business cards also make you look super professional, too.

three // iPad
I almost brought my iPad, but I decided not to at the last second. I really wish I did bring it! Taking notes on an iPad is a good idea because it's usually faster to type than to write. You can also go on social media with it to connect with the other people there!

four // charger
Out of all of the things I didn't bring, this is the one I needed the most. I didn't bring my charger because I didn't think there would be any place to charge my phone. Little did I know I was wrong! So many of the girls had brought chargers, and there were outlets everywhere. I could have easily plugged my phone in and charged it while using it. Luckily my phone died right when I was leaving, but I could have used it way more if I had my charger with me.

Most conferences provide some type of drink and snack throughout the whole conference. However, it might be a good idea to bring a water bottle and a small snack to keep you fueled throughout the whole thing!

My whole experience at the conference I went to can be described by the quote "you live and you learn." At least now I know to bring all of these things for the next conference I attend! I suggest using a large and efficient bag to carry all of these things. I used my Kate Spade bag, which was perfect! A Longchamp would also be a great bag to use.

What do you bring to a conference?

2 comments:

  1. These are some great tips. I didn't manage to go to any conferences this year but I would love to go to some next year.

    Rebecca Elizabeth
    xox
    EnglishPrepster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I don't live in an area with a lot of conferences close to me, but I am hoping to go to some soon!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

    ReplyDelete