Five Productive Things To Do in the Morning


Although being lazy after waking up in the morning is always nice, starting your morning off on a productive note guarantees that you'll have a successful day. There are five simple things that you can do shortly after you wake up (while drinking your cup of coffee!) that will make your day run smoothly.

one // check your email
A lot of people don't like to check their email in the morning in case they get an email that will aggravate them, starting their day off on a bad note. However, I like to start out reading my emails because I like to know what my plans are for the day and what I'll be doing. Also, it helps to declutter my inbox so my inbox isn't overflowing at the end of the day, causing me to feel overwhelmed.

two // write your to-do list
Your morning to-do list doesn't need to be super long, as I'm sure you'll be adding to it as the day goes on. Start out by writing a short list of things you know you need to get done by the end of that day. You can even write goals that you would like to accomplish by the end of that day, which are slightly different than tasks. Writing a list will give you an idea of what you need to do so you can manage your time wisely.

three // read the news
I never really have the time to just sit and watch the news; if I ever watch the news, it's on as background noise while I'm doing something else. I don't like to read newspapers because the articles are usually too boring for me to read. So, I decided to get the ABC News app! It's awesome because I get to choose what I want to read depending on what articles sound interesting to me. If you want to be updated on the story, you can "star" the story. Once an update comes out, you'll get notified for it! It's an easy and efficient way to know of any news.

four // organize your wallet
At the end of the day my wallet is usually cluttered with money, business cards, and receipts. If you're the same way, go through your wallet and clear it out. Make sure your money is all in one place, throw away any receipts that you don't need, and store the business cards in your desk. Usually the only receipt that I keep in there is the one that tells me my debit card balance! Your wallet will feel lighter, and it will be much easier to find your money.

five // check social media
I also like to check social media to see what was going on while I was sleeping. I will reply to any mentions that I have and check other people's tweets. I also like to read through some of the articles that people tweet. Just like the ABC News app, it's a great way to stay updated!

What are some productive things you like to do in the morning?

1 comment:

  1. I love making to-do lists while I drink my morning coffee. It's become a ritual, even on days that I have very few obligations!

    -Katlyn

    www.theclassychai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete