Time Management

The older you get, the more important it is to have time management. Your life will get so busy, but you want to make sure that you have enough time to do everything that you absolutely need to do. Check out these tips below in order to manage your time wisely.

one // have a to-do list
I have a to-do list notebook that I absolutely love. It's pretty much my whole life! This notebook contains everything that I need to do along with the date each task needs to be completed by. My to-do list notebook not only ensures that I won't forget about anything, but it also makes me realize how much stuff I actually have to do. If I see that I have a lot of stuff going on, it will help me to realize that I really need to spend time getting work done instead of watching Netflix, going out, etc.

two // use an agenda or calendar
My Kate Spade agenda is just as important to me as my to-do list notebook is. This agenda has all of my work hours, when assignments are due, babysitting hours, when I have tests or quizzes, and more. My agenda kind of takes the tasks from my notebook and puts them into perspective as to when I actually need to have them completed by. It allows me to get an idea of how much time I have to do my tasks.

three // limit yourself
This one is the one I have the most difficulty with. I often come across little gigs or opportunities that sound so interesting, so I agree to them without even really thinking if I have time for them. I quickly say to myself that I'll have time, but then I soon realize that I don't. If you ever come across an internship, writing position for a magazine, etc. that you would really like to do, really think about it before making your decision. Take a look at your to-do list and agenda to see if you can make time for it. If you aren't 100% sure that you'll have time, don't agree to the position.

four // make a schedule
Sometimes I make a timed schedule for myself if I have a super busy day in order to make sure I have enough time to get everything done. I'll assign a certain time period for each task depending on how long I think I will need. If I finish before the designated time slot ends, I move onto the next task. If I don't finish in the designated time slot, I stop and move onto the next task. I always go back to unfinished tasks later on because I always end up having time leftover somehow. Seeing how much time I have for each task also really motivates me because it makes me realize that I have to get moving before time runs out!

How do you handle time management?

No comments:

Post a Comment