Sunday Well Spent Brings A Week of Content

I've always considered Sunday to be my "rest day" -- time to relax from the past week and rest up for the upcoming week. Even in the summer, my life seems to be go-go-go. I've noticed that using my Sunday to just relax and take a break has really helped my energy in the long run. I wake up on Monday feeling energetic and ready to take on the week!

I'm a firm believer in the notion that a Sunday well spent brings a week of content. There are a few things that I like to do in order to get the most out of my relaxing Sunday.

o n e  || read
I love to read. I always struggle to find time to read during the school year, which is why I always make sure to read tons of books in the summer. I'm vowing to read more this school year because it definitely relieves stress and gives me a break from staring at a screen. On Sundays, I prefer to read in the morning and when I go to bed so that I'm in my most relaxed state.

t w o  || catch up on TV shows
I don't watch too much TV, but I love Netflix. I'm currently on season 6 of One Tree Hill and I am obsessed! I've found it extremely easy to just watch five episodes in a row without even realizing it -- oops. Watching Netflix on a Sunday afternoon, especially when it's raining outside, is the best!

t h r e e  || blog
A lot of bloggers consider blogging to be a full-time job; and I guess I could understand that. Blogging is also considered to be "work" but I actually find it to be really relaxing. I love to set aside time on Sundays to get my blogging organized for the week by coming up with blog post ideas, writing blog posts, and planning social media posts. And if there is a good tweet chat taking place on a Sunday night, I like to participate in that too.

f o u r  || sleep
The most important one -- sleep! By the time Sunday rolls around, I am exhausted. I love to spend the day in my pajamas with a cup of coffee. I always make sure to go to bed early on a Sunday night -- no later than 9! This makes sure that I not only catch up on the sleep I lost over the past week but also get rested up for the week ahead.

How do you like to relax each Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this post! The title and everything. On Fridays, I try to relax and on Saturdays and Sundays I do homework, run errands, and just prepare for the week. But now, I might adjust that so I can blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sundays for relaxing, and especially for blogging!!
    xo, Syd
    www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete