Study Tips :: AP US History Book


On the 14th, I have my AP US History exam. I've done a crazy amount of studying, but naturally, I'm still very nervous! To study for the exam, I was thinking of just rereading my textbook... which has over 1,000 pages. My history teacher then told me that rereading it wouldn't benefit me at all because there would be information that I wouldn't need, so I would just be wasting my time!

That's when he told me about this book above. This book is amazing. It has various chapters starting at colonial times. The chapters are probably about twenty pages long, but the great part is each chapter only contains the important information. At the end of each chapter are practice multiple choice questions and practice DBQs. My plan is to read this book as many times as I can before the exam and then answer the multiple choice questions!

If you also take APUSH, I highly suggest getting this book. It will help you so much!!

How are you studying for the APUSH exam?

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely be getting this when i take APUSH next year! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley! I actually did a post on this as a part of a series I'm doing on AP exams. I hope it helps!

    http://memphis-made.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-most-wonderful-time-of-year-part-3.html

    xx, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some fantastic tips! I took APUSH a few years ago and it was a pretty tough class. It was honestly a bit more difficult than taking it at university at my high school, but it ended up being worth it in the end. I'm not familiar with the book that you mentioned but having a study guide like that is extremely useful. There's no better way to prepare for the test. Thanks for sharing your tips with us! http://www.studyape.com/about/?

    ReplyDelete